Constructor Group AS
|Products||Shelving, Furniture, Kitchen, Logistics software, storage, archival storage, office storage|
|Parent||Altor Equity Partners|
Constructor Group AS is a Norwegian-registered international company, with headquarters in Oslo, that specialises in the manufacture and supply of shelving, mobile shelving, pallet racking and similar storage systems, primarily for commercial use in offices, factories, warehouses, museums, archives, libraries and retail outlets.
Assembly of Dexion slotted angle
Constructor Group products are delivered through five international brands, plus one UK-based brand:
- Constructor - a racking and shelving business which during the 1980s consolidated several Scandinavian manufacturers
- Constructor Logistics - a developer of warehouse management software
- Dexion - Invented in London by Demetrius Comino, Dexion slotted angle revolutionised adjustable shelving and other forms of racking and storage from the late 1940s onwards
- Kasten - originally a Helsinki, Finland-based metalworking company established in 1886, which started manufacturing shelving in 1951
- PSS (a UK brand - acquired by Constructor Group in 2008)
It is a member of the European Racking Federation.
The oldest part of Constructor Group can trace its origins back to 1856.
The current company name was adopted in 1996 following the merger of Electrolux's Swedish subsidiary Electrolux Constructor  with Kasten Høvik. At this time, Constructor was owned by Norwegian industrial investment company Aker RGI who, in 2000, acquired the Dexion Group. In 2007, as part of the Aker Material Handling group of companies, it was sold to the Swedish finance investor Altor Equity Partners. In 2018 Constructor Group AS was sold to Gonvarri Material Handling.
In 2010, Constructor Group opened a £5.5m high-tech distribution hub at the former PSS site in Swindon in southern England. In June 2011, it launched an online shelving resource: shelving.co.uk.
- ^ Constructor Finland is racking up success, Manufacturing Today, 15 June 2008 - http://www.manufacturingtoday-europe.com/article-page.php?contentid=5457&issueid=203 Archived 2016-03-03 at the Wayback Machine (accessed: 29 February 2012)
- ^ Kasten storage: History - http://www.kasten-storage.com/About-us/History/ (accessed: 29 February 2012)
- ^ Norway: individual member - http://www.erfed.org/individuals/4cebe5e5287d1/Constructor-Group-AS (accessed: 29 February 2012)
- ^ Electrolux History, 1950-1959 - http://group.electrolux.com/en/history-1950-1959-748/ (accessed: 29 February 2012)
- ^ Champ Ventures' investors realise five times their money, Australian Venture Capital Journal, June 2005, p.6 - "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-03-24. Retrieved 2012-02-29.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) (accessed: 24 February 2012)
- ^ Dexion history - http://oldsite.dexion.de/eng/The-Company/History (accessed: 24 February 2012)
- ^ Constructor Group storage equipment manufacturer unveils new Hi Tech distribution hub, Supply Chain Review - "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-02-03. Retrieved 2012-02-29.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) (accessed: 29 February 2012)
- ^ Constructor Group storage equipment manufacturer unveils new Hi Tech distribution hub, Materials Handling World, 9 December 2010 - http://www.mhwmagazine.co.uk/news-item.asp?id=8085 (accessed: 29 February 2012)
- ^ Constructor Group unveils its new hi-tech UK distribution hub, Warehouse & Logistics News, January 9, 2011 - http://www.warehousenews.co.uk/2011/01/constructor-group-unveils-its-new-hi-tech-uk-distribution-hub/ (accessed: 29 February 2012)
- ^ New online source for shelving, The Grocery Trader, 1 October 2011 - http://grocerytrader.co.uk/?p=11362 (accessed: 29 February 2012)