Khasf al-Bayda (Arabic: خسف البیداء) (lit. Swallowing in the land of Bayda), in Islamic eschatology, is an upcoming event in which the Earth will swallow the land Bayda which is a desert between Mecca and Medina. According to Islamic traditions: the army of Sufyani will be collapsed in the land of Bayda.
Khasf al-Bayda event has been mentioned in both Shia and Sunni sources, and it was narrated that "Khasf al-Bayda" is going to be happened among the decisive Signs of the appearance of Mahdi.
The certain signs
According to hadiths, there are five (or more) certain signs which will happen prior to the reappearance of the twelfth (last) Imam of Shia Islam, al-Mahdi. Al-Shaykh al-Saduq has narrated --from Ja'far al-Sadiq-- that: five signs are decisive before the rising of Ghaem (قائم): Yamani, Sufyani, Heavenly cry (calling) from the sky, The murder of Nafs-e-Zakiyyah and Khasf-e-Bayda
Swallowing of the army
Sufyani and his army will go towards Iraq to attack Mahdi. When the army will enter the territory of Bayda, the Earth will sunk the army of Sufyani except 2 or 3 individuals. In regards to the event of Khasf-al-Bayda, there have been narrated diverse Hadiths concerning the numbers of the presented ones in the army of Sufyani. Some sources say that the army of Sufyani will be 12,000; while some say 170,000 and some sources say 300,000 will be the number of Sufyani's army.
According a tradition from, Muhammad al-Baqir: at the End Time, while Sufyani's army enters the territory of (al-) Bayda, a caller will call:
"O plain, annihilate the nation" (of the army of Sufyani)
— Na'mani, Al-Ghaybah, Maktab al-Saduq, Chapter 14, P. 279
- ^ Khasf-e-Bayda, Mohamad Mohsen Mardani, (Department of Culture of Humanities and Islamic Sciences)
- ^ (al-)Khasf-e-Bayda from Signs of the reappearance welayatnet.com
- ^ The necessity of the separation of decisive signs of the reappearance from non-decisive signs tebyan.net
- ^ Khasf-e-Bayda (Swallowing of Bayda land) ensani.ir
- ^ (al)Khasf-e-Bayda farsnews.ir
- ^ https://www.al-islam.org/mahdi-quran-according-shiite-quran-commentators-vasran-toussi/chapter-3-mahdi-classical-and-modern#9-quran-34:51
- ^ Khasfe-Bayda, Nosratollah Ayati
- ^ Final signs before the reappearance of Imam Zaman (al-Mahdi) hawzah.net
- ^ Is Yamani a certain signs of the reappearance? tasnimnews.com
- ^ Abu Jaʿfar Muḥammad bin Ali bin al-Ḥusayn bin Musa al-Qummi (Saduq), Kamal al-Din, vol. 2, p. 650
- ^ A glance to decisive sign of the reappearance (among: Khasf-Bayda) hawzahnews.com
- ^ What is the purpose of Khasfe-Bayda that is said will be happened at the time of the reappearance of Imam Zaman (Mahdi) (a.j.)? andisheqom.com
- ^ Khasf-al-Bayda ensani.ir
- ^ Mohammad ibn Ali (Sadoogh), Kamalodin o TamamolNe'mah, Vol. 1, P. 331
- ^ Mohammad ibn Ibrahim (Na'mani), Alqeibah, Tehran, MaktabolSaduq, P. 257
- ^ Khasf-e-Bayda from decisive Signs of the reappearance 2noor.com
- ^ Sulayman, Ruzigar-i rahayi, p. 317.
- ^ Sufyani in Iran porseman.com
- ^ Al-Malahim wal-fitan, Ebnetawus, p. 136.
- ^ Decisive Signs of the reappearance entezar14.ir
- ^ Nahawandi, al-Aqbari al-ḥisan, p. 128.