Lynn Berry was the editor-in-chief of The Moscow Times, the leading English-language daily in Russia, from January 2001 until June 2006. She was replaced by former deputy editor Andrew McChesney.
Before being appointed editor, Berry occupied the night editor position and was later promoted to managing editor. Previous to her stint with The Moscow Times, she worked in the Moscow bureau of the Associated Press. She is now Associated Press news editor in Moscow.
- 1981, BA (Hons) in Slavic Languages and Literatures, Lawrence University;
- 1984, MA in Slavic Languages and Literatures and Certificate in Russian and East European Area Studies, Indiana University;
- 1984-1986, Research Fellow, Warsaw University.
- 1987-1989 Police and General Assignment Reporter, The Evening Phoenix, Pennsylvania;
- 1989-1992, Journalist, The Associated Press, Philadelphia Bureau; 1992–95, International Desk, New York City; 1995-1998, Moscow Bureau;
- 1998-2000, Night Editor and Managing Editor, The Moscow Times;
- 2001-2006, Editor-in-chief, The Moscow Times.