@Neils51 and CapLiber:
- Someone else suggested that the full name was Tsentral'naia sluzhba razvedki, which would make the acronym TsSR, and that does appear in a couple of sources - https://books.google.com/books?id=p8veCwAAQBAJ&pg=PA297. -- John Broughton (♫♫) 14:28, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
The article Chronology of Soviet secret police agencies goes beyond 1991.
USSR cease to exist in 1991 ? Correct? Ataman (talk) 18:14, 5 May 2021 (UTC)
My articles got deleted just because I made a mistake with one date I put 1941 instead of 1940. It got deleted.
When I took a good look at chronology of Soviet Secret Police agencies I was stunned why it didn't get deleted?? It make me laugh that just because was so many mistakes made.
Just the main ones
- . NKVD USSR 1934-1941 ????
- .GUGB NKVD 1934-1941
- 1941 NKGB USSR
And then we have
- NKGB USSR 1943-1946
So what happened between 1941 and 1943?
Please someone tell me?
Why anybody would suggest the NKVD USSR was dissolve in 1941? When NKVD name was change to Ministry for internal affairs in 1946.
- Main Directorate of State Security [GUGB] under NKVD USSR it is one of the most important body of the NKVD responsible for
- Government protection including Stalin himself
- conducting arrest and searches
- providing codes for all the institutions including military also breaking the codes of another nation's secret services
- Conducting security against sabotage and counterintelligence, for the economy sector.
- Overseeing internal intelligence, using informants, also counterintelligence protection in the Red Army a n d Navy *Secret Political Department responsible for political control of other political parties then WKP(b). * Foreign intelligence
In February 1941 NKVD USSR did not cease to exist. The most important part of NKVD USSR shown above, was separate it and out of it new service was created, witch was NKGB USSR.
NKVD was still in charge very powerful border and internal Security Forces. Ataman (talk) 16:03, 5 May 2021 (UTC)
After Germany's attack on USSR and huge losses by Red Army Stalin made the decision to cancel NKGB and put the units from the NKGB 2 NKVD. But not as GUGB NKVD like previously but as separate directorates within NKVD USSR. Former GUGB NKVD was dissolved in February 1941 never to come back
In 1943 all operational units will taking out out of nkvd and putting again into nkgb which was created in March 1943
in everything was changed again in 1943 m
NKGB USSR Ataman (talk) 16:27, 5 May 2021 (UTC)