The Boston Journal was a daily newspaper published in Boston, Massachusetts, from 1833 until October 1917 when it was merged with the Boston Herald.
The paper was originally an evening paper called the Evening Mercantile Journal. When it started publishing its morning edition, it changed its name to The Boston Journal.
In October 1917 John H. Higgins, the publisher and treasurer of the Boston Herald, bought out its nearby neighbor The Boston Journal and created The Boston Herald and Boston Journal.
Boston Morning Journal, 1852
Boston Journal building, 19th century
Detail of 1881 map of Boston, showing location of Journal office
Boston Sunday Journal "Bicycle Number", May 1896