1. First, check that the article you're looking for doesn't already exist:
- Search Wikipedia (or use a search engine) for existing articles. If an article exists, but not at the title you expected, you can create a redirect.
- Check your spelling.
- Articles generally use the most common name for the subject. This may not be the official name, scientific name, or another name you have in mind.
2. Next, be sure the article is suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia. Articles must be about notable topics: those that have received significant coverage in independent, reliable sources. We have a fairly precise definition of what is considered a "reliable source", as well as detailed inclusion guidelines.
3. Next, search the existing article requests to make sure your subject is not already listed:
4. Now choose an appropriate general topic area below, choose the best sub-topic that fits your subject, and use that link to go to its page. Add your request there by clicking "edit" at the appropriate heading. Give a brief description, with links if possible, for the proposed topic, to aid others in understanding your request.